SING WITH US
Register here to audition for the Gay Mens Chorus of South Florida.
Below is a list of upcoming audition dates:
Saturday, January 5, 10AM
YOU MAY REGISTER NOW
Auditions and rehearsals will take place at:
The Sunshine Cathedral
1480 SW 9th Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315
If you are interested in auditioning, please REGISTER below. If you have other questions, email us at email@example.com or call us at 954-763-2266.
At the audition you will be asked to sing a familiar piece of music. You should also prepare a selection to perform. Bring the sheet music with you. You may also be asked to sight-read a little but being able to read music and sight-read is not a requirement for acceptance.
At the audition, you will also have a conversation with members of our leadership team. This will give you a feel for the culture of our organization and help to ensure you understand the commitment involved when joining our Chorus. This conversation is also intended to give you an opportunity to share your experience with us and to ask any remaining questions you may have.
Joining the GMCSF involves a serious commitment of energy and time:
- Members are expected to pay monthly dues of $75 for each concert cycle, however, need-based scholarships are available so that this should not be a deterrent from applying.
- Rehearsals are each Tuesday from 7:15 PM to 10:00PM.
- There is a 75% rehearsal attendance requirement for members.
- In addition to the weekly rehearsals, we have monthly sectional rehearsals and an occasional full rehearsal on Saturday.
- There are also additional rehearsals the week of the shows where we work through lighting cues and get the chance to rehearse with the orchestral accompaniment.
- The music is challenging, and requires members to take time each week to practice on their own.
- We provide learning CDs so members can practice at home. These are especially useful for members who do not read music.
- Occasionally there may be opportunities to sing at venues around town other than our scheduled performances.